Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mini Me

Kids are wonderful, small people. When mine do things that make my blood boil (like spraying themselves down with cooking spray), I remind myself that not everyone is as fortunate as I am in being able to experience the joys of motherhood. There is nothing sweeter that the homemade cards with crayon-drawn hearts and flowers that you will get on Mother's Day, along with the bouquet that someone picks from the neighbor's flower garden. It's the little things that bring a smile to my face. My daughter came into the kitchen today to tell me that I was the best mother she ever had. Then she clued me in on a little secret: "Being nice to your mom will make her share her food with you." She then proceeded to reach into my bag of trail mix to help herself to a handful. That warm fuzzy feeling was nice while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment